My rifle, my pony and me

 



Tema de la película Rio Bravo, tomado a su vez  de la banda sonora de Río Rojo (1948), de Howard Hawks y compuesta por Dimitri Tiomkin, pero con una letra distinta.



Letra

The sun is sinking in the west

The cattle go down to the stream

The redwing settles in the nest

It's time for a cowboy to dream

Purple light in the canyons

That's where I long to be

With my three good companions

Just my rifle, pony and me

Gonna hang (gonna hang) my sombrero (my sombrero)

On the limb (on the limb) of a tree (of a tree)

Coming home (coming home) sweetheart darling (sweetheart darling)

Just my rifle, pony and me

Just my rifle, my pony and me

Whippoorwill in the willow

Sings a sweet melody

Riding to Amarillo

Just my rifle, pony and me

No more cows (no more cows) to be roping (to be roping)

No more strays will I see

Round the bend (round the bend) she'll be waiting (she'll be waiting)

For my rifle, pony and me

For my rifle, my pony and me

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Abendlied, de Rheinberger

Nocturno nº 20, de Chopin / Frantz, de Rombi